Former Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren has dropped out of the new series of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! at the last minute. The 61-year-old had been due to take part in the ITV1 jungle show, along with nine other celebrities including former EastEnder Marc Bannerman, ex-Hollyoaks star Gemma Atkinson and singer Cerys Matthews. However, according to a spokeswoman for the show, McLaren "changed his mind on the day they were due to go into the jungle", having flown 5000 miles to Australia to take part. No replacement for McLaren has been named, and the show - which is due to begin on ITV1 on Monday night - will go ahead as planned with the remaining nine contestants. The reasons for McLaren's abrupt departure have not been revealed, although he had claimed earlier in the week that he had been "bullied" into taking part in the show due to a contractual obligations. He told The Sun that ITV bosses had said they would only screen an axed show, The Baron - which McLaren had taken part in - if agreed to join the jungle line-up.
The What's on TV team brings you everything you need to know about the world of TV. We have all the information on what is happening in the soaps, what you can't afford to miss on television and which new shows and series are launching. Our handy guides, to all the latest TV shows, bring you everything you need to know about new launches, returning series and must-see events so that you don't miss a thing..
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.