1. Ulster-born Merlin star Colin Morgan joins series two as talented young detective Tom Anderson. Despite being an international star, this is Armagh-born Colin's first role in Ireland.
2. Gillian Anderson is an executive producer for series 2.
3. Four The Fall cast members originally appeared in Hollyoaks: Karen Hassan, Gerard McCarthy, Emmett J Scanlan and Bronagh Waugh (the latter playing brother and sister in the C4 soap!)
4. In series one, Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan never actually filmed a scene together. "A sure fire way of finding out if people have actually watched the show is when people ask me what Gillian is like to work with, because I have no idea!" Jamie told TV Times.
5. Niamh McGrady, who plays PC Dani Ferrington, also played nurse Mary-Claire Carter in Holby City.
6. The Fall was the BBC2's highest rated drama in nearly a decade when it screened in 2013.
7. Jamie Dornan modelled for Calvin Klein before his acting career sky rocketed. But it was Gillian Anderson who was the original pin-up, when she was voted the Sexiest Woman in the World by FHM in 1996!
8. Jamie's lucky to have kept his looks – he's broken his nose three times! Once playing rugby, once when he was hit with a tennis ball and once when he was headbutted in a pub in London.
9. Gillian Anderson, who plays Stella, tried to persuade fashion designer Stella McCartney to create a range of 'Stella' blouses to honour her character! Oh sure.
10. Jamie went to the same school as Chris Barrie from the Brittas Empire and the same university (Teeside) as Wendy Craig.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.