Disney today announced that Rogue Trip — a "globetrotting adventure with ABC News Correspondent Bob Woodruff and his son, Mack" — will be available on Disney+ in its entirety starting July 24.
The six-part series sees the two traveling all over the world. Here's the gist from Disney:
"Rogue Trip" is a story about second chances and the undying bond between a father and son. As a former war correspondent who was severely injured by a roadside bomb while reporting in Iraq in 2006, Bob Woodruff did not want his kids to grow up fearful just because of what happened to him. Bob has seen, and lived, through the worst of what these places have to offer, and now he and Mack explore the best in them. Along the journey, viewers will share the raw, big-hearted moments when 'going rogue' together changes the Woodruffs' perspective – not just in other people and places, but in their own relationship.
"I couldn't be more excited to share this series with viewers around the world," Bob Woodruff said in the press release. "This is an adventure of a lifetime to be with Mack discovering together how every place on the planet has the power to surprise, amaze and inspire, despite its past."
The pair will visit Colombia, Paupua New Guinea, Ethiopia, Lebanaon and Ukraine. All episodes will be available on July 24.
Here are the descriptions of each episode:
- COLOMBIA: Colombia's civil war has ended, opening up swaths of rainforest and savannah to travelers. Bob Woodruff and his son, Mack, tour the country's off-the-guidebook destinations -- rappelling down a waterfall with former rebels, riding the plains with barefoot cowboys, and feasting on grubs deep in the Amazon Rainforest.
- PAPUA NEW GUINEA: Bob and Mack start their journey deep in the heart of Papua New Guinea along the banks of the mighty Sepik River where they learn the hunting and healing secrets of a mysterious tribe known as the Crocodile Men. Then they go out to sea to dive with a kaleidoscopic array of exotic marine life and explore mysterious skull caves on a secluded island.
- ETHIOPIA: Ethiopia is a time capsule of a nation and a place Bob has always wanted to visit. On their journey through the Rift Valley, Bob and Mack explore traditions both old and new: diving into volcanic hot springs, training with elite marathoners, jamming in a Reggae drum circle and coming face to face with a hungry hyena.
- PAKISTAN: The last time Bob visited Pakistan was to report on the war in neighboring Afghanistan. Twenty years later, he's back with his son Mack to see a different side of the country. Starting in Malala's hometown, they discover why Queen Elizabeth once called Swat "the Switzerland of the East" before heading towards a Silk Road kingdom along the world's highest paved road to meet a real prince.
- LEBANON: Lebanon is the melting pot of the Arab world, a tiny country exploding with culture. Bob and Mack explore ancient Roman ruins, search for a hermit near a secluded Christian monastery, travel through Hezbollah territory, and visit an artificial reef in the Mediterranean Sea built using tanks and fighter jets.
- UKRAINE: For the final leg of "Rogue Trip," a tired Bob and Mack are getting a much-needed pick-me-up -- Mack's younger sister, Cathryn, is joining the team. Cathryn is ready to shake things up as the family visits Ukraine, one of Europe's rarely explored gems. The Woodruffs look beyond the headlines and discover Ukraine is a big and beautiful country that has far more than its Soviet past.
All the Disney, all the time
All the Disney (and then some), all the time
Disney+ is Disney, and so much more. The streaming service gets you the vast Disney catalog as well as the Marvel films and shows, the Star Wars universe, National Geographic, and so much more.
See everything new this month on Disney+
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to WhatToWatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.