The BBC has released 5 new pictures ahead of Sunday's finale - what do they mean?!
Ahead of what is sure to be a nail-biting finale of Bodyguard on Sunday, the BBC has released these exciting new snaps which reveal David Budd (Richard Madden) covered in blood. "There are plenty more twists to come," promises creator Jed Mercurio!
Here's the 5 new pictures from the final extended episode of Bodyguard - what do they mean?!
1. David Budd looking haunted but determined... we know that after being suspended from duty he has gone rogue in his hunt for Julia's killers...
2. David Budd gets covered in blood - the trailer for the finale hinted David was involved in a stand off with the police, who could think he was involved in the plot to kill Julia.
3. David looks afraid - who is he running from though? Has he worked out who killed Julia? Could David ACTUALLY be behind it all? Jed threw in big twists in the final episodes of Line of Duty in the past, so expect a whopper in the final episode!
4. Perhaps most interestingly the BBC has released new pictures of Commander Anne Sampson. Could the police chief be behind Julia's murder? Could she order a hit on David to stop him from discovering the truth? Or were the security services ordered to kill Julia because she was trying to blackmail the Prime Minister about a past scandal?
5. It's clear Anne plays a big part because the Beeb has also released this snap too! Or, is this a red herring?!
As to whether there will be a second series, Jed says: "I'm certainly interested in doing another one, although it's a harder format to turn into a returning series than Line of Duty was."
Perhaps a second series will see the shock return from the dead of Julia Montague (played by Keeley Hawes). Stranger things have certainly happened on telly!
Catch the final extended 75 minute episode of Bodyguard this Sunday on BBC1 at 9pm.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.