Dawn French will play the lead role of cook, Gina Vincent, in a new Sky 1 drama Delicious.
The four-part event drama is, according to Sky, a surprising and compelling story of love, heartbreak, food and female friendship.
Written by Dan Sefton (Mr Selfridge), Delicious is the story of Gina, the ex-wife of Leo Vincent, a successful entrepreneur, chef and hotel owner, who made his fortune from his exceptional Italian cooking - a family tradition he inherited from Gina - and runs the idyllic Penrose Hotel in the Tamar Valley.
Since the divorce, Leo’s culinary empire has continued to grow, success that he now shares with his new wife Sam. But Leo is keeping a secret which is set to upturn all of their lives. In a friendship born out of betrayal, Gina and Sam face secrets and scandal that will bind them together.
Dawn French commented: “Cornwall, summer, sunshine and the other S word - it will be Delicious fun.”
Phillippa Giles, of producers Bandit Television, said: "Delicious is a bold and distinctive start for Bandit. The series is feisty, funny and frank and with Dawn French at the centre the honesty will be unflinching."
Anne Mensah, Head of Drama at Sky, said: “It's incredibly exciting to welcome Dawn French to Sky1. We've been wanting to work with her for a long time and Delicious is just the perfect project.”
Other notable programme announcements from Sky today include:
- Oscar winner John Ridley (American Crime, 12 Years a Slave) will write, direct and executive produce GUERILLA, a new six-part series set to screen on Sky Atlantic that centers on a couple whose passion propels them into making the leap from political activism to radical militancy. It stars Idris Elba, who said: “It's been a long-time desire of mine to collaborate with Mr Ridley and his work here is nothing short of a masterclass in character building and storytelling.”
- Sky 1 announces JAMESTOWN, a new six-part British drama from the producers of Downton Abbey, written by Bill Gallagher (Lark Rise to Candleford, The Paradise). Set in 1619, Jamestown follows settlers as they establish a community in the New World. Among those landing on shore are a group of women destined to be married to the men of Jamestown, including three spirited women from England, Jocelyn (Naomi Battrick), Alice (Sophie Rundle) and Verity (Niamh Walsh)
- Julia Stiles will star in Sky Atlantic's 10-part thriller RIVIERA, set in the south of France and created by Oscar-winning writer and director Neil Jordan (The Borgias). Georgina (Julia Stiles) is just married to billionaire Constantine Clios, when he's killed in a yacht explosion. She's shocked to discover the fortune that maintained his immaculate lifestyle is tainted with dishonesty, double-dealing, crime, and ultimately murder.
- Sky 1 Christmas epic THE LAST DRAGONSLAYER stars Ellise Chappell, John Bradley (Game of Thrones) and Ricky Tomlinson (The Royle Family) and is based on the first of Jasper Fforde’s series of novels. An adventure set in the Ununited Kingdoms, the story follows indentured orphan Jennifer Strange (Ellise) who reluctantly discovers her destiny is to become the last Dragonslayer.
- Tim Roth and Emmy nominated Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) will head up the cast of TIN STAR, a 10 x 60minute tale of the corruption of innocence; of murder, of grief and of all consuming revenge - set against the backdrop of a remote and beautiful mountain town in the Rocky Mountains.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.