Fox Sports today announced a major overhaul of its iOS and Android apps that "marry design concepts that are unique to sports, with a robust offering of the best video, storytelling, statistics and live streaming."
That last part is more important than ever, of course, because even though U.S. sports are starting to wake up from their global pandemic hibernation, we're not yet seeing fans in the stands.
To that end, every game on Fox Sports — as well as every studio show — should be available for streaming if you've got a subscription to a service that carrie Fox Sports.
And there's a new "Bonus Cam" feature that launches with the delayed start of the Major League Baseball season on July 25.
“FOX Sports is known for innovation, and this forward-looking digital redesign marks a new era,” said David Katz, Executive Vice President and Head of Digital, FOX Sports. “Modern sports fans are passionate, engaged and uncompromising. Our bold, distinctive products provide them a fresh way to experience the leagues, teams and players they love.”
Here are the broad strokes of what's new:
- Live TV: If you've got a subscription to something, you've got access to every Fox Sports game and studio show, including real-time stats, projections, highlights, social media and more. Includes the NFL, MLB, NASCAR, MLS, college football, college basketball, WWC, bowling and Liga MX soccer.
- Stories: Swipe into the most important stories of the day, including multimedia and analysis from some of the most important voices in sports.
- Bonus cameras: You'll have access to secondary camera angles and perspectives, as well as Fox Sports' "Watch Party" concept. (Bonus
- Scores: Newly designed and easy-to-navigate score pages.
- Favorites: Favorite leagues, sports, teams and players.
Phil spent his 20s in the newsroom of the Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, his 30s on the road for AndroidCentral.com and Mobile Nations, is the Dad part of Modern Dad, and is editor of WhatToWatch.com.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.