Looks like there's no taking these boys down. The Nielsen numbers are in, and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier remains at the top of the charts. These numbers do come with a small grain of salt, as Nielsen only reports numbers streamed on televisions in the US. But it's still a win for Disney+ that backs up the reported claims of the premiere hype at the beginning of the season.
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier saw a couple rough episodes in the middle of its run, but that's the price you pay when you've created a six hour film vs. a six episode season. The frustration has been pretty wide spoken among fans, but that's still not stopping folks from tuning in every week!
Here's the Neilsen Top 10 for Streaming Original Series:
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+), 628 million minutes viewed
- The Irregulars (Netflix), 424 million
- Ginny & Georgia (Netflix), 390 million
- Who Killed Sara? (Netflix), 363 million
- The Crown (Netflix), 327 million
- Country Comfort (Netflix), 253 million
- Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Netflix), 237 million
- The One (Netflix), 217 million
- Longmire (Netflix), 200 million
- Solar Opposites (Hulu), 196 million
Note: The above is for steaming March 22-28.
The Hollywood Reporter also notes that this is the first time Hulu's been able to crack the Original Series Neilsen code with their smash-hit Solar Opposites (which is exceptional and you should definitely be watching). Below are the additional Neilsen categories and rankings.
- NCIS (Netflix)
- Criminal Minds (Netflix)
- Grey's Anatomy (Netflix)
- Cocomelon (Netflix)
- Heartland (Netflix)
- Schitt's Creek (Netflix)
- Gilmore Girls (Netflix)
- Supernatural (Netflix)
- Good Girls (Netflix)
- Henry Danger (Netflix)
Alright, Netflix. Calm down.
- Bad Trip (Netflix)
- Yes Day (Netflix)
- Deadly Illusions (Netflix)
- Operation Varsity Blues (Netflix)
- Moana (Disney+)
- Secret Magic Control Agency (Netlfix)
- Raya and the Last Dragon (Disney+)
- Savages (Netflix)
- Coming 2 America (Amazon Prime)
- Jiu Jitsu (Netflix)
Amelia is an entertainment Streaming Editor at IGN, which means she spends a lot of time analyzing and editing stories on things like Loki, Peacemaker, and The Witcher. In addition to her features and editorial work, she’s also a member of both the Television Critics Association and Critics Choice. A deep love of film and television has kept her happily in the entertainment industry for 7 years.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.