The Nickelodeon Super Duper Super Bowl Pre-Game Spectacular is about to spice up Super Bowl pregame coverage for good.
Announced in a press release from ViacomCBS, the Nickelodeon Super Duper Super Bowl Pre-Game Spectacular is a brand-new half-hour pregame show hosted by Nickelodeon actors Lex Lumpkin and Gabrielle Nevaeh Green. It’ll feature a bunch of Super Bowl fun facts, “Nick-ified” highlights from the past season of football and predictions for the big game from some secret special guests.
The Nickelodeon Super Duper Super Bowl Pre-Game Spectacular will premiere on Friday, February 5th, 2021 at 8pm EST, and will be re-aired several times leading up to the Super Bowl on Sunday.
The fun doesn’t stop there, though. On Super Bowl Sunday, the CBS pregame show, The Super Bowl Today (airing 2pm-6pm EST) will also feature a specially produced segment of the Nickelodeon game show Unfiltered. In this segment, Lumpkin and Green will attempt to guess the hidden identity of one of the biggest stars in Super Bowl LV.
Additionally, a “Nick-ified” highlights package will air during the halftime show as part of CBS’ normal coverage of the Super Bowl this year. Here's a sample of the kinds of additions you can expect:
All this extra content doesn’t change how to watch Super Bowl 2021, though; the game will still be shown live on CBS channels and on CBS All Access.
Brian Robbins, President of ViacomCBS Kids and Family Entertainment, said: ‘Our broadcast of the NFL Wild Card game was undoubtedly one of the greatest moments in Nick’s history, and the enormous positive response shows how big of an appetite there is for a kids and family-oriented sports production like ours. Given all that enthusiasm, it feels really good to team up again with everyone at CBS Sports and the NFL with pregame coverage and digital highlights that bring fun and slime to the biggest football game of the year.’
Full details of what to expect from the kid-friendly coverage from the press release follow:
- @NFLonCBS, @CBSSports, @Nickelodeon and a variety of NFL social handles (e.g., @NFLUp, @TheCheckdown) will post Nick-themed highlights and moments from Super Bowl LV, with voiceover commentary from play-by-play announcer Noah Eagle and Nickelodeon star Gabrielle Nevaeh Green.
- CBS’ The Super Bowl Today will feature a special sports-themed segment of Nickelodeon’s Unfiltered game show, hosted by Jay Pharoah. Nick stars Gabrielle Nevaeh Green and Lex Lumpkin will try to guess the identity of one of NFL’s biggest stars from Super Bowl LV, who is virtually disguised behind an animated 3D filter and voice changer.
- CBS Sports analyst Nate Burleson will recap the “slime-lights,” highlights from the first two quarters of the game that have been “Nick-ified” with original on-field graphics and filters, during halftime on The CBS Television Network.
- Nickelodeon will kick off Super Bowl LV weekend with the Nickelodeon Super Duper Super Bowl Pregame Spectacular, a half-hour pregame special hosted by Green and Lumpkin, featuring Super Bowl fun facts, “Nick-ified” season highlights and predictions of this year’s winning team with help from special guests. The Nickelodeon Super Duper Super Bowl Pregame Spectacular will premiere Friday, Feb. 5, at 8 p.m. (ET/PT), on Nickelodeon, and encore Saturday, Feb. 6, at 10 a.m., 4:30 p.m. and 9 p.m., and Sunday, Feb. 7, at 8:30 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. (all times ET/PT). The special will also be available on Nickelodeon On Demand and the Nick App beginning Saturday, Feb. 6.
- NFLNickPlay.com will serve as a second screen experience for kids and families on game day, where users can engage with polls, trivia, games and more.
Martin is a Staff Writer with WhatToWatch.com, where he produces a variety of articles focused on the latest and greatest films and TV shows.
Some of his favorite shows are What We Do In The Shadows, Bridgerton, Gangs of London, The Witcher, Doctor Who, and Ghosts. When he’s not watching TV or at the movies, Martin’s probably still in front of a screen playing the latest video games, reading, or watching the NFL.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.