The #CorrieLive episode was a whirlwind of drama: we saw a violent death, a car explosion, revelations of Sally and Kevin's kiss, and our favourite Corrie couple riding off into the sunset.
So how did they do that all LIVE?
Straight after the episode, Stephen Mulhern took to the cobbles to talk to the cast and get the behind-the-scenes secrets. And with the pressure off, they were very happy to reveal how the whole episode came together.
Here's eight juicy titbits from the set:
1. Sean Ward, who plays the newly-deceased Callum, was so tall that the wardrobe team had to sew two duvet covers together to cover him.
2. Terence Maynard (Tony Carter) revealed that the cast had pre-recorded the episode a few days beforehand in case anything went wrong with the live broadcast.
3. Terence also said that Alan Halsall, who plays Tyrone Dobbs, was waiting in a different part of the set to perform a stand-in scene in case they had to quickly cut away from what they were filming.
4. Some numbers trivia: the live episode required 550 people, 47 cast members, 32 cameras, 15 miles of cable, 30 microphones AND they brought in a mobile control room.
5. Eleven hidden cameras were rigged around the Media City set which allowed viewers an unprecedented look behind the scenes at the cast and crew in an online stream called Access All Areas (AAA).
6. A short delay on the AAA stream meant the drama wasn't spoiled for viewers who would have been able to see Kylie rush through the Platt's house on her way to save Sarah from Callum’s clutches.
7. A couple got engaged! @literallyadam tweeted the show asking them to write a message on a chalkboard in the bar of the Rovers Return. The crew had just one minute 15 seconds to get the board from Stephen Mulhern in Kevin Webster's living room to the pub so viewers could read "Katie Lowe, will you marry me?” Luckily, she said YES.
8. After two weeks rehearsing her fight scene with Sean Ward, Tina O'Brien had to use thick make-up on her arms to cover up her bruises.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
PA Media is the national news agency for the UK and Ireland. With unrivalled access to the performers, productions and celebrities on both sides of the Atlantic, PA Media stories provide an irresistible glimpse into showbiz news. Bringing you all of entertainment's big moments. From daily soaps to film productions, we cover the shows that audiences want to know about with our previews, news and interviews.
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.