Couch Potato's 'How to Spot a Werewolf' checklist
- What's this person's name? Does it resemble or contain any of the following: Lycan, Remus, Romulus, Lupin, Lupus, Wolfe, Vira, Vyras, Gwr, Wair, Wer, Verr, Vargulf, Garoul, Lobo?
- Do their eyebrows meet in the middle?
- How are their fingernails? Curved, clawlike?
- Do they demonstrate a surprising horticultural knowledge with relation the poisonous plant Aconite (aka Wolfsbane (opens in new tab))?
- Do they demonstrate an irrational distaste for those popular low calorie lunch crackers, claim to have a wheat allergy, or obsessively read the packet ingredients for anything containing grain (opens in new tab)?
- How are they in the run up to Christmas? Do they shy away from the mistletoe (opens in new tab)?
- When going out for a stroll, do they cross the road inexplicably as certain trees (opens in new tab) come into view?
- Have they mentioned an allergy to silver (opens in new tab)?
- Low set ears?
- A swinging stride?
- Bristles under the tongue?
If the answer is yes to more than five of the above questions, it's time to be concerned. This person is showing signs of being a werewolf (opens in new tab), and there's a full moon today (opens in new tab)!
And to mark this significant moment in the lunar cycle, Syfy is having a werewolf day:
12.30pm - Nature of the Beast (opens in new tab). A werewolf goes in search of a cure when his fiancée struggles to accept his monthly transformations.
2.20pm - Teen Wolf (opens in new tab). Michael J Fox turns into a wolf with a talent for basketball.
4.10pm - Teen Wolf 2. The Teen Wolf's cousin struggles with his monthly cycle while at uni.
9pm - Monsterwolf (opens in new tab). A werewolf heads off on a killing spree when sacred Native American land is disturbed by intruders.
10.50pm - An American Werewolf in London (opens in new tab). Tongue-in-cheek tale about two American youths who are attacked by a werewolf on the Yorkshire moors.
12.50am - War Wolves. While serving in the Middle East, a werewolf virus has infected a group of US soldiers. And now they're back home...
Get the What to Watch Newsletter
The latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!