One-time Strictly winner Tom Chambers is causing a stir in the village as Leyla's mystery man Clive. So here's a quick reminder of Tom's previous TV hits...
There's been scandal in the village this week, with the arrival of Leyla Harding's mystery man, Clive, who she seduced away from another woman!
Tom Chambers, who plays Clive, has starred in some of telly's greatest hits including BBC One's Casualty, Holby City and Waterloo Road. Plus almost a decade ago, he was the winner of Strictly Come Dancing.
1. Tom was once in the National Youth Music Theatre where Jude Law and Jonny Lee Miller also once trained.
2. Tom is a bit of an action-man and loves skiing. He was reportedly once approached to compete with the Austrian Olympic skiing team but chose to pursue his acting career instead.
3. He left his role as Sam Strachan in Casualty last year to tour with the musical Crazy For You. But Tom has hinted he could be back at the hospital in the future.
4. Tom has been married to wife Clare Harding (she was his teenage sweetheart) since October 2008 and the couple have two children, William and Olive.
5. In 2008, Tom took part in the Great Walk to Beijing, which was organised by singer Olivia Newton-John to raise money for breast cancer awareness and research. Other stars to join Olivia for the charity event included Dannii Minogue, Sir Cliff Richard, Anton Du Beke and now ex-Emmerdale star Gemma Atkinson.
6. Dancing is a great passion for Tom and led him to ultimately win Strictly Come Dancing in 2008 with dance partner Camilla Dallerup. "I was interested in Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire from a very young age," Tom has said. "I used to stamp on the kitchen floor before I knew what tap dancing was. I used to see those matinee idol films and I became really interested in tap dancing specifically."
7. However, competing in Strictly doesn't come without controversy. There was a voting backlash from viewers when Tom went through to the final alongside Lisa Snowdon and Rachel Stevens. Viewers argued he'd been the worst dancer in the previous week's dance-off and at the time the judges were unimpressed.
Emmerdale continues weeknights at 7:00pm on ITV
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.