Only in America can you find on TV, the day before Independence Day, the following things on the same day: WWE Wrestling, and the original Broadway Production of Hamilton. You could argue that this country wouldn't be what it is today without both of those things, and you'd be right.
The former — that's WWE Smackdown — is on Fox tonight at 8 p.m. Eastern. The latter lands on Disney+ sometime around 3 a.m. Eastern. Sleep in if you want, or get your Hamilton on. Your call.
Elsewhere, we get a respite from the European soccer for a day, but there's still Formula 1 practice , the PGA Tour plays its second round at the Rocket Mortgage Classic, and IndyCar qualifying rounds things off in the afternoon.
Head on down for the full schedule. All times are Eastern.
Friday's prime-time shows
- MacGyver, CBS, 8 p.m.: In the Season 3 finale, MacGyver faces off with a cunning new adversary whose carefully crafted plans put Mac at the epicenter of an impossible choice: save the life of a friend, or save the lives of hundreds of innocents.
- Shark Tank, ABC, 8 p.m.: Sustainable teeth-cleaning products; a solution for packing light and traveling easier with baby gear; a healthier version of a decadent treat; a customizable eyewear product line for kids; Katrina Lake guest judges.
- WWE SmackDown, Fox, 8 p.m.: Action from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando.
- iHeartCountry 4th of July BBQ, The CW, 8 p.m.: Backyard performances from country music artists to celebrate the Fourth of July.
- Magnum P.I., CBS, 9 p.m.: Magnum helps out his friend Russell Harlan and temporarily works as the head of a hotel's security. He investigates the death of a guest who was thrown from her room's balcony while working on a secret investigation of her own. Also, Icepick is released from jail.
- Dateline NBC, NBC, 9 p.m.: NBC's durable newsmagazine, featuring a mix of investigations, news updates and interviews.
- 20/20, ABC, 9 p.m.: A newsmagazine mixing investigative pieces with human-interest and celebrity features.
- Blue Bloods, CBS, 10 p.m.: Sean gets a match from an unknown relative from a DNA network, now he does some detective work to figure out who this mystery person might be, and Frank gets a personal request from a woman, Paula Hill, to transfer her son to a safer assignment.
Friday's late-night shows
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, NBC, 11:34 p.m.: Actor/writer/producer Tina Fey, chef Jose Andres.
- The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, CBS, 11:35 p.m.: Author Stephen King, actor Jake Gyllenhaal, music from M. Ward.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live, ABC, 11:35 p.m.: Comedian and actress Amy Schumer, musician Pharrell Williams.
- Late Night With Seth Meyers, NBC, 12:36 a.m.: Musician Kelly Clarkson, U.S. Rep. Ayanna Pressley.
- The Late Late show With James Corden, CBS, 12:37 a.m.: Guest host Melissa McCarthy; actress Laura Dern; actor Mark Duplass.
- A Little Late With Lilly Singh, NBC, 1:36 a.m.: Brett Gelman, Rosanna Pasino.
Friday's sports on TV
- Formula 1: Practice, ESPN2, 4:55 a.m., 8:55 a.m.
- PGA Tour: Rocket Mortgage Classic, Golf Channel, 3 p.m.
- IndyCar: GMR Grand Prix Qualifying, NBCSN, 4:30 p.m.
What's new on Netflix this Friday
- The Baby-Sitters Club (Netflix Family): Netflix's new series is based on the best-selling book series, that follows the friendship and adventures of Kristy Thomas (Sophie Grace), Mary Anne Spier (Malia Baker), Claudia Kishi (Momona Tamada), Stacey McGill (Shay Rudolph), and Dawn Schafer (Xochitl Gomez) as the middle-schoolers start their babysitting business in the town of Stoneybrook, Connecticut. Rounding out the cast, Alicia Silverstone plays Elizabeth Thomas-Brewer, the selfless single-mother of Kristy Thomas and love interest of all around good guy Watson Brewer, played by Mark Feuerstein. Ann M. Martin, the beloved series author and producer on the new series, was the first to conceive the idea of these inspiring young girls with different backgrounds, personalities and opinions that were brought together by a business venture they conceived and bonded through the friendships they forged. The adaptation of the contemporary dramedy that continues to champion friendship, female empowerment and entrepreneurship was led by Rachel Shukert (Glow) as showrunner and Lucia Aniello (Broad City) as executive producer.
- Cable Girls: Final Season: Part 2 (Netflix Original): When Lidia's biggest rival uses a prison camp to enact revenge, Lidia and her friends become even more defiant in their fight against Franco's regime.
- Desperados (Netflix Film): A panicked young woman (Nasim Pedrad) and her two best friends (Anna Camp & Sarah Burns) fly to Mexico to delete a ranting email she sent to her new boyfriend. On arrival, they run into her former beau (Lamorne Morris), who soon gets caught up in their frantic scheme.
- Ju-On: Origins (Netflix Original): A paranormal researcher searches obsessively for a cursed home where something terrible happened to a mother and her child long ago.
- Southern Survival (Netflix Original): The BattlBox crew tests out a variety of products designed to help people survive dangerous situations, including fires, explosions and intruders.
What's new on Amazon Prime Video this Friday
- Hanna: Season 2 - Amazon Original Series
What's new on Hulu this Friday
- I Am Not Your Negro (2016)
- To The Stars (2019)
What's new on HBO this Friday
- Los Futbolismos (Aka The Footballest), 2020 (HBO)
What's new on on Disney+ this Friday
- Animal ER (S1-2)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules
- Ice Age: Collision Course
- Ice Road Rescue (S1-4)
- Race to Witch Mountain (2009)
- The Big Green
- The Mighty Ducks Hamilton: An unforgettable cinematic stage performance, the filmed version of the original Broadway production of "Hamilton" combines the best elements of live theater, film and streaming to bring the cultural phenomenon to homes around the world for a thrilling, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Pixar in Real Life Episode 109 "UP: Balloon Cart Away": When Carl asks real New Yorkers to watch his balloon cart, they get an uplifting surprise.
- Disney Family Sundays Episode 135 "Peter Pan: Shadow Box Theater": Who says you have to grow up? Not the Kurzawa family! They work with Amber on a craft inspired by Disney's "Peter Pan" that is designed to bring out the child in everyone.
- One Day At Disney Episode 131 "Zama Magudulela: The Lion King Madrid, Spain": Zama Magudulela brings The Lion King to life through her role as 'Rafiki' for Madrid theatregoers every day. Magudulela considers it an honor to bring her African heritage to life for people abroad, and loves to share in the joy and excitement the audience feels during each and every performance.
- It's a Dog's Life with Bill Farmer Episode 108 "Movie Star Dogs & Hounds and Horses": Bill meets dogs who stars in movies. Then, he visits a group of hounds and horses on the hunt.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to WhatToWatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.