Skip to main content

Corrie's Antony Cotton rules himself out of Strictly

Coronation Street star Antony Cotton has dismissed reports that he’ll be foxtrotting his way onto Strictly Come Dancing (opens in new tab).

The actor – Sean Tully in the ITV soap (opens in new tab) – was rumoured to be joining the hit Saturday night BBC show this year.

But Antony – who was said to have been talking to Strictly producers at former contestant Mark Wright and ex-Corrie actress Michelle Keegan’s wedding – told ITV show Lorraine that he couldn’t take on the dancing show while he was still on the cobbles.

"I have just signed for Coronation Street for another 12 months which takes me into August next year. I can’t do both,” he said. "You have to dedicate your life to that."

Antony added: "It's one of my favourite television shows. I would bite their hand off.

"But my loyalties lie with Coronation Street and I’ve signed another year there. I love it there. That's my second family."

Antony, who previously took part in I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here (opens in new tab)!, also told how he had kept the weight off after leaving the jungle, saying he steers clear of pasta, bread, rice and potatoes.

PA Media is the national news agency for the UK and Ireland. With unrivalled access to the performers, productions and celebrities on both sides of the Atlantic, PA Media stories provide an irresistible glimpse into showbiz news. Bringing you all of entertainment's big moments. From daily soaps to film productions, we cover the shows that audiences want to know about with our previews, news and interviews.