The Alexa Voice Remote is at the center of the Amazon Fire TV experience. Yes, even in 2021 remote controls are a thing we use most of the time. And from time to time you're going to find yourself wanting (or needing) to connect a new remote control to your Amazon Fire TV.
Maybe you lost it. Maybe there's a newer, better remote that you want to use. The reason doesn't really matter — it's the end result that's important.
Here, then, is how you can connect a new Alexa Voice Remote to your Amazon Fire TV.
How to replace your Fire TV stick remote
There are a couple different methods for replacing your Amazon Fire TV Remote. The first is if you've just totally lost your old remote, or it's completely quit working. (In other words, if you don't have a Fire TV remote connected.
- Restart your Amazon Fire TV by unplugging it from its power source, then plugging it back in. Your new remote may pair itself automatically. If it doesn't, move on to Step 2.
- Press and hold the home button (the hone with the outline of a house on it) for at least 10 seconds. The LED on the remote should start to flash slowly.
- Keep holding the button until the LED starts to flash much faster. You should then see a notification on your TV that the new remote control has paired.
The second method is for those who still have their old Amazon Fire TV remote control but one to pair a new one. Maybe you've bought a newer Alexa Voice remote with more features. Or maybe you needed one that wasn't covered in peanut butter.
If that's the case, here's the process you want to follow to pair your new Alexa Voice Remote:
- On your NEW remote, hold down the home button for 10 seconds until it starts to flash slowly.
- Keep holding the home button for a few more seconds until it starts to flash faster.
- Now switch to your new remote and go to the Settings on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Select Controllers and Bluetooth Devices, then Amazon Fire TV Remotes, and then select Add New Remote.
- Look for the new Alexa Voice Remote in the list that appears on screen.
- Use your OLD remote to select the NEW remote in the list.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.