Roku is the most popular streaming hardware in the United States. Hulu is one of the best streaming services available. Pair the two and you've got the perfect match. Here's how to subscribe to Hulu directly from within Roku:
Products used in this guide
How to subscribe to Hulu from Roku
- Install the Hulu channel from the Roku store , if you don't already have it.
- Choose "Start a Free Trial" from the main screen.
- Select a plan — either the basic Hulu service with ads, Hulu without ads, or Hulu with Live TV.
- Click "Continue."
- Click "Continue" again to let Hulu fill in some of your account information automatically. (Or click "Cancel" if you don't want it to.)
- Confirm your name, email, birthdate, gender and ZIP code.
- Enter a strong password.
- Click "I Agree" to accept the subscription.
- Finally enter your Roku PIN to confirm the subscription.
You've now started a free seven-day trial of Hulu. After that first initial week, Hulu will begin billing you directly through your Roku account. Note that if you want to change that billing information, you'll need to do so through your Hulu account .
Our top equipment picks
These are the mandatory or core equipment selections. Optional or ancillary equipment will follow.
TCL 6-Series 55-inch
A smart, affordable smart TV
The Roku 6-Series marries the tech specs you want with a platform that you won't have to fight to watch the things you want to watch.
One out of every three smart TVs sold in the United States is a Roku TV, and for good reason. They've got the tech specs you want, including 4K resolution, support for Dolby Vision and HDR 10 for high-dynamic range, extra inputs for gaming consoles and other HDMI devices — and they're pretty much the easiest thing to use. Plus you'll have access to pretty much every streaming service available.
If you don't need a new TV, there are plenty of other Roku streaming devices that will get the job done.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.