We've done it again — celebrated yet another one of America's birthdays. Sure, this year's was perhaps a little different than normal. But we all do things in our own ways.
That makes today a perfect day to rest up and recuperate and maybe just vege out in front of the TV all day. There's the standard suite of news shows in the morning, of course, and a ton of live sports on TV, including a lot of Premier League and Serie A soccer, a couple of NSWL games on CBS All Access, NASCAR at The Brickyard, and the final round of the Rocket Mortgage Championship for the PGA Tour.
And tonight we've got new episodes of Perry Mason and I'll Be Gone in the Dark on HBO, and The Chi on Showtime.
So, yeah. Plenty to watch.
Hit up the full list below. All times are Eastern.
Sunday's news shows on TV
- News: Good Morning America Weekend Edition, ABC, 8 a.m.
- News: Sunday Today With Willie Geist, NBC, 8 a.m.
- News: Inside Politics, CNN, 8 a.m.
- News: CBS Sunday Morning, CBS, 9 a.m.
- News: Meet the Press, NBC, 9 a.m.
- News: Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, Fox, 9 a.m.
- News: State of the Union with Jake Tapper, CNN, 9 a.m.
- News: Fareed Zakaria GPS, CNN, 10 a.m.
- News: Face the Nation, CBS, 10:30 a.m.
- News: This Week with George Stephanopoulos, ABC, 10:30 a.m.
- News: 60 Minutes, CBS, 7 p.m.
Sunday's prime-time shows
- 60 Minutes, CBS, 8 p.m.: Ultra Deep, Fly Like an Eagle, Eastern Island.
- Celebrity Family Feud, ABC, 8 p.m.: The OG Queer Eye team battles with the new class members from Netflix's hit show "Queer Eye". Led respectively by Carson Kressley and Bobby Berk, the two teams will compete to win cash for each one's chosen charity.
- The Simpsons, Fox, 8 p.m.: Bart sees a new superhero movie a month before release and is tempted by his plot-spoiling powers.
- NCIS: Los Angeles, CBS, 9 p.m.: The NCIS team links the theft of an undersea drone prototype to a video game streamer's elaborate party; Callen and Sam cross paths again with insurance broker Katherine Casillas, who insures the gamer's property.
- Press Your Luck, ABC, 9 p.m.: The stakes have never been higher as contestants try to avoid the iconic and devilish Whammy for a chance at life-changing cash and prizes. Host Elizabeth Banks is joined by contestants Chad Aull, Walt Charles and Emily Dowler.
- Bob's Burgers, Fox, 9 p.m.: While trying to show Tina what's great about their town, Linda ends up on the trail of a legendary local singer. Meanwhile, Teddy turns to Bob for help in arguing with a sports radio host.
- Grantchester on Masterpiece, PBS, 9 p.m.: A streaker is found dead on the Fens, sparking an unusual case for Will and Geordie that draws them into the world of experimental psychotherapy and hallucinogens.
- Penn & Teller: Fool Us, The CW, 9 p.m.: Aspiring magicians, Eric Leclerc, Dev Sherman, Conan Liu and Rubén Vilagrand, are invited to perform their best trick to try and fool the world-famous team of Penn & Teller, who will get to see the trick only once and have to immediately try to work it out.
- Perry Mason, HBO, 9 p.m.: Wily District Attorney Maynard Barnes goes public with a shocking new development in order to gain an advantage over E.B. and the team. Mason and Strickland get unauthorized access to physical evidence with help from Virgil, Mason's connect at the city morgue.
- The Chi, Showtime, 9 p.m.: Emmett and Tiff move in with Jada while he gets his new business going.
- NOS4A2, AMC, 10 p.m.: Vic McQueen takes the Shorter Way to Haverhill. Lou and Wayne face a terrible threat in her absence. Charlie Manx engages an old friend for a mysterious favor.
- I'll Be Gone in the Dark, HBO, 10:02 p.m.: Michelle McNamara reflects on the 1984 murder of her childhood neighbor Kathy Lombardo, which she credits with planting the seed for her lifelong fascination with unsolved crimes.
Sunday's sports on TV
- Premier League: Burnley vs. Sheffield United, 7 a.m.
- Formula 1: Austrian Grand Prix, ESPN, 8 a.m.
- Premier League: Newcastle vs. West Ham, 9:15 a.m.
- Serie A: Inter Milan vs. Bologna, ESPN+, 11:15 a.m.
- Premier League: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa, 11:30 a.m.
- Cornhole: American Cornhole League Final Chase, ESPN2, noon
- NWSL: North Carolina Courage vs. Chicago Red Stars, CBS All Access, 12:30 p.m.
- Serie A: Parma vs. Fiorentina, ESPN2, 1:30 p.m.
- Serie A: Brescia vs. Hellas Verona, ESPN+, 1:30 p.m.
- Serie A: Cagliari vs. Atalanta, ESPN+, 1:30 p.m.
- Seria A: Udinese vs. Genoa, ESPN+, 1:30 p.m.
- Serie A: Sampdoria vs. SPAL, ESPN+, 1:30 p.m.
- Premier League: Southampton vs. Manchester City, NBC, 2 p.m.
- PGA Tour: Rocket Mortgage Classic, CBS, 3 p.m.
- Serie A: Napoli vs. AS Roma, ESPN+, 3:45 p.m.
- NASCAR: Brickyard 400, NBC, 4 p.m.
- NWSL: Portland Thorns FC vs. Washington Spirit, CBS All Access, 10 p.m.
New on Netflix this Sunday
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.