With Charity having been knocked down by a masked intruder at the Woolpack, the villagers are utterly horrified. Who could have done such a thing? And is the culprit among them?
PC Swirling starts raking through the evidence at the village pub. And sure enough, before long, the police detective is extremely suspicious… What's he found at the crime scene?
Could someone local have done the dirty?
Here are the facts…
1. The village pub is on the brink of closure as takings are low.
2. A hefty compensation claim for Matty Barton's burns – which he got while helping out at a Woolie BBQ – has been leveled at the pub's skint owners, Chas and Marlon, by Matty's mum Moira.
3. Moira's husband Cain has been left in a tough spot as he's Chas' brother and is painfully aware the Woolie is on the brink.
4. Ever the opportunist, ruthless swindler Al Chapman wants to buy into the pub.
5. Paddy has secretly struck a side deal with Kim for cash to try to stop his enemy Al from getting involved with the family-run pub.
6. Marlon is so worried about the pub's demise that he's considering selling his stake to Al who he absolutely loathes.
7. On the day of the pub robbery someone snipped the Woolpack's power cables which forced Chas and Marlon to close up for the day. The intruder snuck in, crowbarred open the till and took the contents.
8. Charity got in the way of the masked intruder and was knocked down and left lying in a pool of her own blood.
Has PC Swirling found something which might unlock the perp's identity? Has someone local done this to Charity, Chas and Marlon?
Emmerdale airs weekdays at 7.00pm with an extra episode on Thursdays at 8.00pm.
Sarah has been writing about soaps for over 20 years! She’s worked for Hello!, WOMAN, PA News, Closer, TVeasy – and is currently What’s On TV's Soap editor as well as writing for WhatToWatch.com
She’s interviewed tons of famous people from movie stars to pop stars, TV stars and of course, soap stars. The soaps have always been at the heart of Sarah's work; visiting the sets, getting the goss, and writing about all the soapy shenanigans week in week out, earning her a place on the judging panel for The British Soap Awards in 2017 and 2018 and on the BAFTA TV Awards in 2022 … and the nickname Soapbird!
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.