Somehow it's been 30 years since Ariel, Eric, Ursula and Flounder made their collective way into our lives in the animated The Little Mermaid . Tonight, though, it's getting a whole new take in what should be a pretty inventive manner.
Auli'i Cravalho, Queen Latifah, John Stamos and Shaggy take the lead in the semi-live-action version of The Little Mermaid tonight. The new bits with the new cast will be interwoven into the original film with the original cast. And as an added twist Jodi Benson — the original Ariel in the 1989 film — will make an appearance as well.
When is the live-action version of The Little Mermaid ?
You can watch the new live-action version of The Little Mermaid at 8 p.m. Eastern tonight, Nov. 5. It'll be broadcast on ABC affiliates on broadcast, cable TV, and on your favorite streaming service.
Which streaming services carry ABC live?
There's a pretty good chance that your favorite streaming service has a live feed from your local ABC affiliate. Unless that service is Sling TV, which is kind of a big miss, or Fubo TV. Also — there may be regional limitations, so you'll want to check beforehand.
(Also note that it's available on PlayStation Vue. But given that PS Vue is dying in January, we wouldn't recommend bothering to sign up for it at this point.)
Here's how to get hooked up with the major streaming services that carry ABC feeds:
Hulu with Live TV
- The cost: $45 a month after a one week free trial
- Watch Hulu on: Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and browsers
- Local channels on Hulu: ABC, CBS, ESPN, Fox, and others. Find your local channels here .
Hulu and Hulu with Live TV is the fastest growing live streaming service. It combines a catalog of shows and original content like The Handmaid's Tale with the best live entertainment and sports channels, plus local channels. Hulu with Live TV includes ABC, so you can use it to watch The Little Mermaid .
Hulu with Live TV
An easy choice
Ready for Ursula
Hulu doesn't just have a huge back catalog of shows — it also has live TV. We haven't tested it ourselves, but there's a good chance it also works UNDAH DA SEEEEEEEE.
AT&T TV Now
- The cost: $65 a month after a free trial
- Watch AT&T TV Now on: Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TVs, iOS, Android, web browsers
- Local channels on AT&T TV Now: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here .
AT&T TV Now is the new name for DirecTV Now. The service includes HBO content in the base prices.
AT&T TV Now
Local and more
Everything you could want
AT&T TV Now has the most channels of any of the streaming services, and the monthly price tag reflects that. And it also has all the local channels available.
- The cost: $50 a month after a free trial
- Watch YouTube TV on: Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Samsung, LG, HiSense or Vizio smart TVs, Chromecast, iOS and Android
- Local channels on YouTube TV: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more. Find your locals here .
YouTube TV excels by keeping things simple. Live streaming channels come in just one plan from YouTube TV.
It's easy, and it has your locals
YouTube TV is one of the more simple streaming services, with a single plan, a ton of channels — and that includes ABC.
Watch The Little Mermaid with an over-the-air antenna
This takes a little work to set up — OK, not that much — but it's completely worth it in the end to have a ton of free TV on all of your devices.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.