Black Widow is still in the midst of its extremely strong run on Disney Plus Premier Access and in theaters. So strong, in fact, that the release date for all digital platforms (not named Disney Plus, anyway) has been moved up, and the first post-Endgame era Marvel film will now hit DVD, Blu-ray and other digital outlets starting on Aug. 10.
The release will see a host of bonus footage, including nine deleted scenes, bloopers and a number of featurettes.
Delete scenes always are a pretty hot item, and this release of Black Widow has some interesting ones. They'll include:
- Grocery Shopping: Natasha heads into a grocery store to prepare for her journey through Norway. After a long drive, she arrives at her destination: a mysterious trailer in the middle of nowhere.
- Bike Chase: Tailed by assailants, Natasha and Yelena speed through the city in order to escape their nemeses.
- Gulag Fight: Alexei squares up against several enemies and is quickly overpowered. When all hope seems lost, Natasha leaps in to lend a hand in the fight.
- Smile: The Taskmaster protocol is activated in a tense moment, and an iconic helmet is unveiled.
- Come After Me: Secretary Ross and Mason discover an important message Natasha left behind.
- Walk and Talk: Alexei and Melina have a playful exchange. The Taskmaster arrives and faces off with Alexei.
- Widows in Training: Yelena and Alexei awaken in captivity. Melina hands the Taskmaster vials while the Widows train.
- Kiss: Alexei and Melina reunite after the action. Natasha grieves over an untimely demise in the brutal aftermath.
- Ohio: Natasha witnesses the carefree nature of the Ohio suburbs through the neighborhood children.
No real details on what to expect in the bloopers — but suffice to say they should be pretty fun. Otherwise they wouldn't be called "bloopers," right? We do get a little info on three of the other featurettes, however. One will show how Scarlett Johansson and Florence Pugh trained in preparation for the film, and how it helped them play on-screen sisters. Another will zoom out to look at the size and scale of Black Widow, which was shot all over the world.
The digital release of Black Widow drops on Aug. 10. The physical release — which comprises the 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (which includes a 4K UHD disc, a Blu-ray disc, and a digital code), a Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray disc, DVD and digital code) and a DVD.
Phil spent his 20s in the newsroom of the Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, his 30s on the road for AndroidCentral.com and Mobile Nations, is the Dad part of Modern Dad, and is editor of WhatToWatch.com.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.