Discovery Plus is a fairly new streaming service (launched in 2021) that hosts a huge range of content from across the Discovery network. It includes the Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, OWN, Travel Channel, HGTV, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet and Chip and Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Network.
Now that the reality and lifestyle behemoth has launched in the United States (and in a large number of countries worldwide), there’s a good chance you and thousands of others are wondering if you can get the streaming service on your Apple TV.
The short answer? Yes, you can get Discovery Plus on Apple TV. In fact, for Apple TV 4K owners there’s even a selection of Ultra HD shows and specials just for 4K-enabled Apple TV devices. Discovery Plus is currently available on Apple TV models running iOS 11.0 or later. Do note that you’ll need to be using an Apple TV 4 or later to download and use the app — Discovery Plus doesn’t support any older models.
- What countries is Discovery Plus available in?
- Is there a Discovery Plus free trial?
- Discovery Plus price: how much does the service cost?
Discovery Plus cost costs just $4.99 a month (for the "with ads" plan), or $6.99 a month if you’d prefer to watch without any ad breaks. Whichever plan you opt for, you can try before you buy, as Discovery Plus offers a seven-day free trial.
How do you watch Discovery Plus on Apple TV? It’s actually pretty easy:
- Launch the App Store from your Home screen.
- Either search for ‘Discovery+’ in the top menu bar or scroll through the ‘now streaming’ section near the top of the Apple TV app store to locate Discovery+.
- You can also go directly to the Apple TV store page.
- Once you’ve found it, click on the Discovery+ app to go to its info page.
- Download the Discovery+ app.
- Once it’s finished downloading, open the app.
- The first time you launch Discovery+, you’ll need to create an account with your email address and a password.
- Enter your billing info and choose a plan.
- Start watching Discovery+. Easy.
Once you’ve logged in, and subscribed you’ll have access to everything Discovery Plus has to offer. Currently, that’s more than 55,000 episodes of on-demand content, and original content.
Martin is a Staff Writer with WhatToWatch.com, where he produces a variety of articles focused on the latest and greatest films and TV shows.
Some of his favorite shows are What We Do In The Shadows, Bridgerton, Gangs of London, The Witcher, Doctor Who, and Ghosts. When he’s not watching TV or at the movies, Martin’s probably still in front of a screen playing the latest video games, reading, or watching the NFL.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.