Discovery Plus is a streaming service that launched in the US in 2021 and has been slowly rolling out around the world— it's now owned by WarnerBros Discovery, so we're waiting to hear how the merger of the heavyweight media companies might impact on the streaming platform. Watch this space!
It's home to all the Discovery-owned shows that you know and love, and expands further to include programming from HGTV, Food Network and TLC.
In addition to more than 55,000 episodes across some 2,500 shows, it's also the home to a number of exclusives from some of your favorite Discovery personalities, like Chip and Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Network.
How much does Discovery Plus cost?
In the United States, Discovery Plus has a very simple offering. Plans start at $4.99 a month. That's for the Ad-Lite plan which includes advertising. The no-ads subscription costs $6.99 a month.
In the UK, the easiest way to get your fix of all the programming Discovery has on offer is to get Discovery Plus on Prime Video Channels. It costs £4.99 per month for the Entertainment package and £6.99 per month for the Entertainment plus Sport plan
Discovery Plus discounts and deals
- Subscribers to Verizon Wireless (Unlimited plans) can get Discovery Plus for free for six months. After the six month free period the cost will be $6.99 per month. Visit Verizon.com/discoveryplus to find out more.
- Students, veterans and military get 40% off the standard (Ad-lite) Discovery Plus plan, costing just $2.99 per month. For more information on discounted subscriptions check the Discovery website.
Does Discovery Plus have a free trial?
Discovery Plus has a seven-day free trial for both the ad-free and the ad-lite (with ads) plan. After that free trial period has expired, you'll start paying your standard monthly fee.
Shows on Discovery Plus
With a Discovery Plus subscription you'll be able to watch more than 55,000 episodes from more than 2,500 shows across the Discovery portfolio. That includes the likes of HGTV, Lifetime, Food Network, TLC, ID, OWN, Travel Channel, Discovery Channel and Animal Planet. You'll get non-stop streams of your favorite shows — like 90 Day Fiancé, Miami Ink, Dance Moms, Queen Sugar, Married at First Sight, House Hunters, Chopped, Fixer Upper and more — available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Discovery Plus originals and exclusives
In addition to all the standard programming you'd expect from Discovery, the streaming service also features originals and exclusive shows. That list is pretty extensive. Here's the short version:
Love and Relationships
- 90 Day Bares All
- 90 Day Diaries
- 90 Day Journey
- The Other Way Strikes Back!
- Amy Schumer Learns to Cook: Uncensored
- Bobby and Giada in Italy
- Dr. Pimple Popper: This is Zit
- Duff's Happy Fun Bake Time
- Foodways with Carla Hall
- Frozen in Time
- House Hunters: Comedians on Couches Unfiltered
- Home Town: Ben's Workshop
- Long Island Medium: There in Spirit
- Luda Can't Cook
- Mary McCartney Serves It Up
- Say Yes to the Dress: In Sickness and In Health
- What's Eating Sebastian Maniscalo
- Queen of Meth
- American Detective With Joe Kenda
- Onion: In Real Life
Adventure and Nature
- Route 66
- Pushing the Line
- Mysterious Planet
- Six Degrees with Mike Rowe
- P.S., Burn This Letter
- The Impossible Row
- My Beautiful Stutter
- Beyond Borders
- The Parachute Murder Plot
What devices can you watch Discovery Plus on?
Discovery Plus is available on all major devices. That includes:
- Discovery Plus on Roku and Discovery Plus on Amazon Fire devices, which are the top two streaming platforms around the world and Discovery Plus is available on Apple TV.
- iOS (iPhones, iPads and Macs).
- Android phones and tablets
- Android TVs
- Chromecast with Google TV.
- Microsoft Xbox is supported, on both the older Xbox One platform, as well as the newer Xbox Series S/X devices.
- LG and Samsung smart TVs (from 2017 and newer) and Vizio TVs (2018 models and up).
In which countries is Discovery Plus available?
Discovery Plus has launched in the US, the UK and Ireland, as well as in India as well as the Nordics, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain. It'll also launch in Latin America and Brazil and in parts of Asia. The global rollout will see it launch in more than 25 countries.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.