Paramount Plus is on Amazon Fire TV. That's it. That's the tweet. And that's a big deal because Amazon Fire TV is the second-largest streaming service in the United States and the largest in the rest of the world. (And that last fact is important because Paramount Plus is rolling out to the rest of the world.)
The service, which launched in March 2021, is more than just a rebranding of the old CBS All Access service. (Though it very much is that.) It's an expansion, encompassing the greater Paramount Global family. That means CBS proper, of course, so you'll get all your favorite CBS shows like FBI and SEAL Team and FBI Seal Team and CSI Seal Team Las Vegas. (Those last two aren't really a thing, but they so could be.) You'll also have movies and series from the Paramount side of the family. Plus there's Comedy Central and BET and MTV and Nickelodeon.
So, yeah. It's a big deal that Paramount Plus is on Amazon Fire TV.
Here's everything you need to know.
How to watch Paramount Plus on Amazon Fire TV
You've got a few options if you want to watch Paramount Plus on Amazon Fire TV.
- You can either install it directly on your Amazon Fire TV device by simply searching for "Paramount Plus"
- You can have the app remotely install itself by going to the Paramount Plus appstore page (opens in new tab) in a web browser, then choosing the device to install the service on
- You can run your subscription through Paramount Plus itself and pay via credit card. Or, if you prefer, you can subscribe through the Paramount Plus Prime Video Channel (opens in new tab). That means the billing for Paramount Plus will be done through your Amazon account. No muss, no fuss.
Paramount Plus Key Info
- What is it? Paramount's streaming service features bags of movies, TV dramas and plenty of original content.
- Is there a free trial? Yes, there's a one-week Paramount Plus free trial, so you can try before you buy.
- How much does it cost in the US? $4.99 (with ads) or $9.99 (ads-free).
- How much does it cost in the UK? £6.99 (there's just one plan).
Head to the Paramount Plus website for more info and to sign up (opens in new tab)
And be sure to take advantage of the Paramount Plus free trial.
The best Amazon Fire sticks for Paramount Plus
If you're in the market for a new Amazon Fire device, we've got thoughts on that, too.
For our money, the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K is the right pick for most people. It retails for less than $50/£50 — and you can often find it on sale for a lot less.
The second most important part is that it has all the specs you want in a modern streaming platform. As the name implies, it supports 4K resolution, which you absolutely want. It also supports Dolby Vision for HDR, which is the better of those standards. And if sound quality is important to you, it also supports Dolby Atmos, which can make sounds appear as if they're hanging in mid-air. It's pretty cool.
Plus it has everything Amazon could offer, including apps, games, movies and more. And because it's an Amazon device, you've got one-touch access to Alexa for all your searching and smart-home needs.
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Phil spent his 20s in the newsroom of the Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, his 30s on the road for AndroidCentral.com and Mobile Nations and is the Dad part of Modern Dad.
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.