How to watch ESPN Plus on Android phones and tablets
Working out how to watch ESPN Plus on Android devices is just the ticket for watching live sport on the move
One of the best streaming services for sports is ESPN Plus, and one of its many perks is that it lets you stream live games and matches to portable gadgets, including Android phones and tablets.
If you watch ESPN Plus on your Android device you can easily catch your preferred games on the go, or enjoy the platform's many documentaries wherever you are as well, giving you loads of versatility while you enjoy the action.
Android is the most popular smartphone ecosystem in the world, and many different phones and tablets use it including Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, Motorola Edge, Oppo, Xiaomi, Honor, TCL, Alcatel, Nokia and many more.
So there's a good chance that you own an Android device, and if so you'll want to know how to stream ESPN Plus on it. Well, that's what this guide is for.
How to install ESPN Plus on Android
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android phone or tablet.
- Find the ESPN app on the Google Play Store page.
- On the ESPN app page, select Install.
- If prompted, enter your password, PIN, or fingerprint to confirm the installation.
- Once the app has been installed, select Open.
- The ESPN app will need you to confirm permissions. Review the permissions pop-ups and make your selections.
- The splash screen will appear.
- If you are already an ESPN Plus subscriber, select Login and then log in with your ESPN account.
- If not, you'll get the option to sign up for an ESPN Plus subscription: enter an email address, password and payment details to sign up.
- Select Watch in the center of the bottom navigation bar.
- In the Watch section, you'll find the ESPN Plus tab in the top center.
Your Android device is now all set up so you can enjoy all the games and shows that ESPN Plus has to offer.
Simply scroll down the ESPN Plus tab to find which games are live and coming up that day. Or you can look further down in the app to find games to watch 'on-demand', original shows and sports documentaries.
Now go enjoy every goal you can on the go!
Related ESPN Plus content
Get the What to Watch Newsletter
The latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Roy Delgado is a freelance writer for WhatToWatch. His focus is streaming, specializing on sports. He binge-streams 32 games over the first two days of NCAA March Madness annually. He built his own DVR 15 years ago, and still tinkers to make his media setup its best.
- Tom BedfordStreaming and Ecommerce Writer