The Earth is kind of important. We live here. We'll, hopefully, continue to live here for a while. And it's with that in mind that Disney+ is going big for April, which also happens to be Earth Month. (Earth Day itself is on April 22, and nothing's going to cancel it. Take that, Coronavirus!)
All through the month Disney+ is going to celebrate Earth Month with a fully curated collection of documentaries, series, and films from National Geographic and Disneynature.
They'll run the gamut from dolphins to penguins to African cats and Chinese wonders, with a host of Earth-specific shows rounding things out quite nicely.
So when you're done planting trees and recycling and composting, chill out on the couch and watch why all that stuff is so important.
Download the magic
All the Disney (and then some), all the time
Disney+ is Disney, and so much more. The streaming service gets you the vast Disney catalog as well as the Marvel films and shows, the Star Wars universe, National Geographic, and so much more.
Earth Month Collection
This April Disney+ will celebrate Earth Month with a curated collection of documentaries, series, and films from National Geographic and Disneynature:
- African Cats
- Born in China
- Crimson Wing
- Monkey Kingdom
- Wings of Life
On National Geographic
- America's National Parks
- Wild Yellowstone
- The Flood
- Before the Flood
- Planet of the Birds
- Sea of Hope: America's Underwater Treasures
- Kingdom of the White Wolf
- Tree Climbing Lions
- Hostile Planet
- Wild Russia
- One Strange Rock
- Giants of the Deep Blue
- Kingdom of the Blue Whale
- Great Migrations
- Earth Live
- Winged Seduction: Birds of Paradise
- Into the Grand Canyon
Coming to Disney+ on Wednesday, April 1
- Doctor Doolittle
Coming to Disney+ on Friday, April 3
- A Tale of Two Critters
- In a Nutshell
- Don's Fountain of Youth
- Don's Fountain of Youth
- Donald's Dog Laundry
- Double Dribble
- Dragon Around
- Elmer Elephant
- Fish Hooks (S1-3)
- How to Play Football
- Lambert, The Sheepish Lion
- On Ice
- Out of Scale
- Pluto's Party
- Sea Scouts
- Sonny with a Chance (S1-3)
- The Boy Who Talked to Badgers
- The New Neighbor
- The Small One
- The Straight Story
- Life on the Edge: Penguins Behind the Scenes
- Dolphin Reef: It's time for a young Pacific bottlenose dolphin named Echo to grow up. Narrated by Natalie Portman.
- Diving with Dolphins: Dolphin Reef Behind the Scenes: Behind-the-scenes look at the making of Dolphin Reef.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode 707 - "Dangerous Debt": Taken prisoner by the Pykes, Ahsoka and the Martez sisters attempt to escape.
- Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Finale - Episode 208 - "Marry ME": Ramila & Ike celebrate 25 years of marriage in Greece thanks to their son. Kyle and Amanda and their baby girl Harlow celebrate at Disney's California Adventure with a surprise performance by Jason Derulo.
- Shop Class Episode 106 - "Downhill Derby": Teams are challenged with designing and building supersized downhill derby racers.
- Disney Family Sundays Episode 122 - "Minnie Mouse: Apron": The Pyle-Lawrence ladies join host Amber Kemp-Gerstel on a project inspired by Minnie Mouse.
- One Day At Disney Episode 118 - "Patti Murin: Frozen Musical, Broadway": Frozen the Musical star Patti Murin gives a behind-the-scenes look into the rarely seen inner workings of one of Broadway's smash hits. Backstage moments, pre-show rituals and the coveted NYC Stage Door Autograph Line are all on display as Patti brings to life one of Disney's favorite princesses for theater patrons of all ages.
- Be Our Chef Episode 102 - "Diagnosis: Delicious": In round two of "Be Our Chef," two new families, the Wells and Platt families, are tasked with a "Big Hero 6" inspired challenge to make a dessert that is healthy and delicious. But before heading to the kitchen, the families visit the super-huggable Baymax at Epcot for inspiration. Both families are hoping for their first win. But who will crumble first?
Coming to Disney+ on Friday, April 10
- Life Below Zero (S14)
- Paradise Island (S1)
- Playtime with Puppy Dog Pals (S1)
- Running Wild with Bear Grylls (S5)
- Tut's Treasures: Hidden Secrets (S1)
- A Celebration of the Music from Coco: An inside look at the musical production of "Coco: A Live-to-Film Concert Experience", performed at the historic Hollywood Bowl.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode 708 - "Together Again": Ahsoka bargains for the sisters' freedom and makes a startling discovery.
- Shop Class Episode 107 - "Ready for Launch": Six semi-final teams build and launch spacecrafts capable of transporting egg payloads.
- Disney Family Sundays Episode 119 - "Minnie Mouse: Kite": The Ruvalcaba family joins host Amber Kemp-Gerstel to build an aerial craft inspired by Minnie Mouse.
- One Day At Disney Episode 119 - "Francheska Roman: Candy Maker": Francheska Roman, Candy Maker on Main Street, U.S.A., gives an exclusive look into the making of Disneyland Resort's favorite sweet treats. As Francheska shares her favorite parts of the job, she also illustrates the skill, care and dedication that goes into crafting each Disney themed confection.
- Be Our Chef Episode 103 - "Hidden Within": Returning to the kitchen for another round, the Merrill family battles newcomers, the Perez family, for a "Mulan" themed challenge. This round, the families must create a main dish. But similar to Mulan's journey to find her inner hidden warrior, the teams must use an unexpected and hidden ingredient in their dish to collect the win.
Coming to Disney+ on Sunday, April 12
- PJ Masks (S3)
Coming to Disney+ on Friday, April 17
- Brain Games (S8)
- Let's Stick Together
- Mickey and the Roadster Racers: Nutty Tales (S1-2)
- Pluto's Purchase
- The Incredible Dr. Pol (S16)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode 709 - "Old Friends Not Forgotten": Anakin and Obi-Wan must decide whether to help Ahsoka pursue Maul or rescue Palpatine.
- Shop Class Finale - Episode 108 - "Build Your Own Adventure": The finalists vie for the title "Shop Class Champs" by building contemporary backyard forts.
- Disney Family Sundays Episode 124 - "Finding Nemo: Terrarium": The Chaney family joins host Amber Kemp-Gerstel for a project inspired by Pixar's "Finding Nemo" and "Finding Dory."
- One Day At Disney Episode 120 - "Steve Sligh: Gold Oak Ranch Manager": Steve Sligh helps bring movies to life as Senior Manager of the Golden Oak Ranch. Historically, this legendary filming location has hosted Hollywood's elite, and even served as a retreat for Walt. 60+ years later, this close-to-900-acre property still functions as a working filming location with an eye towards conservation.
- Be Our Chef Episode 104 - "Curiouser and Curiouser": The Perez family faces the Robbins family for an "Alice in Wonderland" challenge. After meeting with Alice and The Mad Hatter and eating a Cheshire Cat's tail at Magic Kingdom Park they must use that inspiration to prepare their very own version of a bite-sized dessert.
Coming to Disney+ on Sunday, April 19
- Just Roll with It (S1)
Coming to Disney+ on Monday, April 20
- Secrets of the Zoo: Tampa (S1)
Coming to Disney+ on Wednesday, April 22
- Fury Files
- Jane Goodall: The Hope
Coming to Disney+ on Thursday, April 23
- Disney Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure (S3)
Coming to Disney+ on Friday, April 24
- America's Funniest Home Videos (S12-19, 23)
- Man in Space
- Mars and Beyond
- The Olympic Elk
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode 710 - "The Phantom Apprentice": Ahsoka and Republic forces confront Maul on Mandalore.
- Disney Family Sundays Episode 125 - "WALL•E: Recycling Container": In honor of Earth Day, the Mai family builds an eco- conscious craft inspired by Pixar's "Wall•E."
- One Day At Disney Episode 121 - "Tia Kratter: Pixar University": Tia Kratter, Manager of Art and Film Education at Pixar University, helps Pixar artists hone their craft. Kratter sheds light on the immeasurable artistic detail that goes into every film, and spreads her wealth of knowledge to Pixar employees as well as others who want to further their creative education.
- Be Our Chef Episode 105 - "Beyond the Reef": The Merrill family and Wells family look to sail away with a win in the "Moana" challenge. Just as Moana was able to combine her island life with her adventures at sea, our families must now create a dish that brings both land and sea together in a harmonious way. Families travel to the Land Pavilion at Epcot and meet Moana herself at Magic Kingdom Park for a little land and sea inspiration.
Coming to Disney+ on Thursday, April 30
- National Treasure
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.