When you ask how to watch Spider-Man: Far From Home, it's one of those times in which you're going to get an unexpected answer — and the film's title is maybe more appropriate than you'd think.
First, there's ol' Peter Parker himself. He's on a school trip to Europe, which is awesome. It's partly an escape after the events of Avengers: Endgame, and there's definitely a dark cloud hanging over the loss of his mentor.
Then there's the fact that like Spider-Man: Homecoming, you can't find Far From Home in the usual place you'll find all the other Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. Far from home, indeed.
The good news? You've got options.
How to watch Spider-Man: Far From Home online
The Spider-Man films are in a weird place because Marvel — and thus its parent company, Disney — doesn't actually own the rights to Spider-Man. That distinction ultimately goes to Sony. And while they worked out a deal to allow the Spider-Man character to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and retain that MCU look and feel, it affected distribution of the film.
In other words: Unlike nearly all the other MCU films, you can't currently watch Spider-Man: Far From Home on Disney+. And that's too bad, because Disney+ is great and an easy place to watch all the MCU superhero films.
You do have options, however. Spider-Man is available in most of the usual on-demand locations, including Google Play, iTunes and Vudu.
You'll notice that Amazon Prime Video is missing from that list, however. That's where things get a little weird again. Far From Home is available on Prime Video — you can buy it for $14.99 in HD. (No 4K option; sorry.)
How to watch Spider-Man: Far From Home for free
There's one other viewing option for Spider-Man: Far From Home that's worth breaking out on its own. It's available on the premium STARZ service (opens in new tab) via Amazon Prime Video Channels. That requires you to have an Amazon Prime account, of course, and then you'll sign up separately for the STARZ channel with your Amazon account.
STARZ is $8.99 a month — but it also comes with a free seven-day trial on Amazon Prime Video Channels.
So if all you want to do is watch Spider-Man: Far From Home and call it a day, here's your chance to do it for free. (And maybe go ahead and see what else STARZ has to offer while you're there.)
The four phases of the MCU
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is made up of four phases, with the "Infinity Saga" making up Phase 3. Black Widow is scheduled to be the first movie of Phase 4, but its release was delayed due to the global pandemic shutting down theaters.
MCU Phase 1
- Iron Man (May 2, 2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (June 13, 2008)
- Iron Man 2 (May 7, 2010)
- Thor (May 6, 2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (July 22, 2011)
- Marvel's The Avengers (May 4, 2012)
MCU Phase 2
- Iron Man 3 (May 3, 2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (Nov. 8, 2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4, 2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Aug. 1, 2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1, 2015)
- Ant-Man (July 17, 2015)
MCU Phase 3
- Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)
- Doctor Strange (Nov. 4, 2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (May 5, 2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7, 2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (Nov. 3, 2017)
- Black Panther (Feb. 16, 2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (April 27, 2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6, 2018
- Captain Marvel (March 8, 2019)
- Avengers: Endgame (April 26, 2019)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 2, 2019)
MCU Phase 4
- Black Widow (July 9, 2021)
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3, 2021)
- Eternals (Nov. 5, 2021)
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (Christmas 2021)
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (March 25, 2022)
- Thor: Love and Thunder (May 6, 2022)
- Black Panther 2 (July 8, 2022)
- The Marvels (Nov. 11, 2022)
Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
Phil spent his 20s in the newsroom of the Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, his 30s on the road for AndroidCentral.com and Mobile Nations and is the Dad part of Modern Dad.
Thank you for signing up to Whattowatch. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.